Last of the Dragon

Monday, May 22, 2006

SLOW MO really slow

The long awaited competition is here. My 1st comp since i started climbin about 4 mths ago. Was pretty nervous when I reached Summit seeing all the pros there…redv was no where in sight yet…. Palms getting sweaty. Our team name was called ‘SLOW MO’….and I can’t agree more with the name…Climbing starts from 9.15am to 5.15pm. My flag no. was 203 (anyone wants to buy 3D or 4D can try different combination using this no.).

We have to complete at least 1 top rope (total 20 routes) & 1 boulder (total 12 routes) in order to qualify. I manage to complete only 7 routes out of 20 and chicken egg for bouldering. It wasn’t exactly a great feat but I like to think that I’m not the worst among the gals, YEAH!…I manage to complete a few more routes than one of them (yea…jus one of them)...climb until my arms & legs were all shaky. Hafta gulp down 2 cans of Red Bull jus to keep me goin for the 2nd qualifying round, bouldering….Though it wasn’t much of a help….by then my arms were kinda pumped. Redv was way much better then me but since I din qualify for the bouldering, can’t win anything, not even the lucky draw….

Even Muhammad Zaki (Silver medallist in men speed climbing from Singapore) was here competing. Recognize him since I manage to catch Asian X Games in ESPN finals and with his hairstyle I can’t be wrong. Even Malaysia’s Silver medallist were there too
So, overall, it was a great experience & hopefully I’ll b able to win something next time (geez….actually losers alwiz says this jus to make ourselves feel better)…..

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger sc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger sc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger sc said...

woman, glad u and ab managed to conquer this. great job! :).. and both of you hid ur nervousness well from each other and the fact that ab nearly peed in his pants ;p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home