Last of the Dragon

Monday, July 03, 2006

Idiotic place

I had a yam cha session in a nasi kandar shop near my hse last Fri. So we ordered a few rounds of drinks. While we were still drinking & chatting away, the waiter came and ask us to pay (Normally, they will only write down what you eat/drink. You only pay when you leave). What else, the more I try to reason with them the more I got piss la….

Waiter: Kena bayar dulu (Have to pay first)
Me: Bayar? Bukan bayar kemudian? (Pay? Can’t I pay later?)
Waiter: Boss kata mau bayar (Boss say have to pay now)
Me: Saya mau order lagi. Bayar kemudian la. (But I want to order more. Pay later la)
Waiter: Boss kata kena bayar dulu (Boss say have to pay first)
Me: ??? Suruh boss you datang (??? Ask your boss to come)
Waiter: Boss kata kena bayar (Boss say have to pay first)
Me: Suruh boss kamu datang (Ask your boss to come)

The boss came…but he wasn’t the boss munya boss. Maybe the cashier.

Cashier: Kena bayar dulu (Have to pay first)
Me: Saya mau order lagi. Nanti kena bayar sekali lagi. (I still want to order now. I have to pay again later)
Cashier: Sekarang bola. Banyak orang. Boss kata mau bayar dulu. (Now is football season. A lot of ppl. Boss ask to pay first)
Me: You takut saya lari ke?!? Atau you punya kertas sudah tak ada tempat nak tulis lagi?!? (I still wanna order. You think I will run away? Or you can’t write any further on your paper?)
Cashier: Bukan, bukan takut awak lari. Sekarang bola (No, not that I’m afraid of you running off. Now is football season)
Fren: Letak dulu kertas (Put down the paper first)

So the cashier left the paper on the table. But we din pay until we are about to leave…
Idiot-nya

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger sc said...

actually, its the norm if you are out on WC nite in mamaks.. I went to a few mamak to watch WC at nite and all did the same. Like Kayu in Chow Yang, the moment the match ends, everyone just walks off, easily over 200 of them. Guess they need to make sure there's no losses..

 
At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no.... my little scheme has been discovered. argh...

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

what scheme? oinky?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home